Thursday, August 27, 2009

Concert #3

Concert #2 was John Legend at Ravinia and was better than Rascal Flatts, but not better than #3, simply because we arrived too late (an hour before the opener started) and were forced to sit on the side on a semi-hill. With that being said, John Legend sounded great and when I caught a glimpse of the screen he was sexy, so I would definitely like to see him again. But enough of that, this is the story of #3.

I went with Becca and a group of her friends to see Cold Play at Alpine Valley, which is just over the boarder in Wisconsin. Alpine Valley is one of the few venues that still allow tailgating, so we decided to head there several hours early to participate in the festivities.

As we're getting out of our car I notice that the man in the van catty corner to us looks a lot like this guy at my work. A lot like this guy I hate at my work.

Now I know what you're probably thinking here - I hate a lot of people at my work. But, that's just not true. Since the recent layoffs the list had actually dwindled (sad but true), and ironically this guy had actually just recently made his way to the top of my list (lucky him).

Anyway, I look at him and get a sense of dread, but then quench it thinking that there is no way in hell that this one coworker happens to be at this one concert out of the hundreds of thousands of people in IL and WI. Besides, even if he was at this concert, there was no way that out of the thousands of people here that he would be right next to me.

But then his wife called out his name while he was parking the car. Yep, it was definitely him.

So, I sucked it up and went and talked to him. You may be asking why I didn't just ignore him. That simply wasn't an option - he was litterally sitting 3 feet from me. You reallly can't ignore that.

O well. It wasn't too terrible. And, Becca's boyfriends concurred that he was a tool after listening to our 3 minute conversation. Love it.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Hate is a strong word, but completely justified.

Just sayin'....

The Becca Machine said...

if you want to get even more random than that, the coworker also made the comment "someone two cars over has a skull shaped beer bong. where did they go to school? southern?" to which, we all replied as a chorus, "hey that's where we went to school!"

i only wish he could have seen deb wearing the garbage bag later in the evening...