Sunday, November 29, 2009

Remember life before cellphones?

Well, I do. This summer my new phone was stolen, and, since I didn't have insurance, I was forced to use my old phone. Well, my old phone is literally a piece and shuts off randomly - sometimes when I'm in the middle of a conversation. But, at least it was a phone.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit of a techy. Naturally, this side of me wants a super nice expensive new phone. Unfortunately, if you're not at a point in time where you can renew your contract, these new phones are at least $400, which just isn't in my budget. I had been debating what to do about the whole situation when my mom learned last week that my sister's phone line is up for a free phone. Excellent - I'll only have to use this crappy phone another week.

Two days later I accidentally knock my phone off my dresser and it shatters. The battery flys off and the flip part breaks off - permanently. This is Sunday. I kind of freak out at this point that I might have to go without a phone for a week. But, after thinking about it I realize it's only a week, and I'll be home for half of it so I won't even need one that badly.

Well, it's been nearly a full week and I have made it. And, it really hasn't been that bad. However, there have been at least 2 situations that were extremely annoying since I was without a cellphone. I'm supposed to get one tomorrow morning though, so hopefully that will be the last of them.

Now for the ironic part. Tonight Hillary's sister was looking at my busted phone and randomly decided to dial her phone. It rang. My phone actually worked. The whole week I've had this busted phone with me (several times I even tried to put it together) and never once thought to see if I could dial out or receive calls. Typical. It's especially amazing that the battery lasted a whole week. I guess it shows how much battery the LCD screens eat up.

2 comments:

The Becca Machine said...

was one of the annoying situations when Bill spoke to Jessica May and didn't tell you about it?

was the other annoying situation when I blamed you for being the reason why I was forced to stay in
Springfield for another night

Deb said...

Actually,I didnt' even think of either or those situations, so I guess there were 4 :-)

one was when I got stuck walking in the rain somewhere even though I could've gotten a ride but they couldn't call since I had no phone and the other was when mom drove me to meet Hill and the restaurant was closed so we had to drive back home and call her to see where they were at :-)