Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Life of Luxory

I've had a down comforter since I was about 14 or so. I visited my gay uncles in New York and had the best night's sleep ever, thanks in large part to their wonderful down comforter and fabulous sheets. It was then that I decided that if they could live in luxory, why couldn't I. I managed to bug my mom enough that she did indeed buy a new comforter for me that very winter (now if only I had convinced her to get rid of the hard as rock twin bed I was sleeping on).

My only complaint with down comforters is how lopsided they can become within their cover. As I was just now placing my new pretty blue duvet on my bed, I realized that their are strings within the covers to actually keep them in place. What a brilliant idea! Makes me wonder if they've always been there and I just never paid attention or if this is the first duvet cover I've had that's been of high enough quality to contain strings. Perhaps I've actually been missing out on more of the luxory quality than I realized.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb -

I have the same complaint about duvet covers. It wasn't until I was briefly doing some chick that complained about my bedding that I did something about it. I went out and spent $800.00 to get a nice duvet cover and sheets (450 thread count...that's fucking right). Low and behold, there were no strings on the duvet cover to hold the comforter in place. Plus, the duvet cover itself had buttons that broke off within a week of sleeping.

It just goes to show you that you expensive duvet covers do not necessarily equal quality and that spending $800.00 on bedding may not be worth the casual sex regardless of how good it may be.

Just my two cents.

- Dow

Deb said...

More importantly, I think this comment just goes to show how much money a guy is willing to spend just to get laid :D

The Becca Machine said...

Dow: what store did you purchase the duvet cover from? some "high end" places are not really high end

Deb: Aren't you allergic to down??? or is this the only animal that doesn't bother you

Deb said...

Becca, I'm glad to see you're concerned, as I'm sure many other readers are. No, in fact, I am not allergic to down. I have no idea how this is possible, but I find it comforting to know that I haven't been slowly making myself sick every single night.