Thursday, September 17, 2009

Armed and Dangerous in Arlington Heights

So right now I’m sitting in lockdown.

I’m sure you’re wondering where I’m at and what exactly I mean by lockdown.

Why, I’m sitting in my lovely cubicle in lovely Arlington Heights, listening to the sound of choppers flying over head, of course.

Apparently today some bank robber overtook 2 armed police officers, stole both of their guns, took their clothes, and then made a break for it – in Arlington Heights. His first act of freedom was to steal a getaway car from the Meijer’s parking lot. His second act of freedom was to ditch said getaway car in a parking lot. The parking lot right next door to my building to be exact.

Needless to say the ever-quick cops were on the scene in moments. (Well, I have no idea how long it took them to get here, but I’m giving them a little boost here since 2 cops have already been given a bad rap in this story.) Right now there are about 9 police vehicles next door, all with extremely large weapons. There are 2 cops in our parking lot, and about 6 more in the apartment complex behind us.

Stay tuned folks for the latest breaking news. I don’t really see any TV vans (I’m guessing they’ve all been driven away), so I really might have the latest breaking news.

Sure am glad I decided to come into work this afternoon.


I emailed Dow with this story and he responded back with this, “Sadly…I might be able to match that. An employee of ours was fired two days ago and has apparently threatened to shoot up shoot up the place. The cops were here earlier and there is one stationed on our floor now. Crazies all over…”

Update (2:45): they now think he is in one of the apartment buildings behind us.

1 comments:

The Becca Machine said...

time to post another blog...