Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Untouchables


On Saturday a group of us decided to play tourist for the day and went on a Gangster Tour. The tour was pretty cool, but it was kind of hard to stay focused on the story since you were often looking at buildings that no longer existed. With that being said, there were some memorable highlights.

The bus driver asked us all if we wanted insurance when we got on in case anything bad were to happen. We had an odd number of people so Becca, Hill and I all squeezed into one seat. When the bus driver spotted this, Becca told him not to worry about it because we had bought the insurance.

A good portion of the trip was spent driving around Chicago from one location to another. At one point, they decided to play some Italian opera music to fill the void. And, the tour guide decided to dance up and down the aisle singing and playing a Barbi tambourine. We tried to get Becca to dance with him, but she didn't get up quickly enough.

As we're rolling through Lincoln Park after touring the St. Valentine's Day massacre, I happen to spot Kristie on the side of the street! So we all waved until we caught her attention, and then she started jumping up and down with excitement. The whole thought of someone walking out of a bar and spotting 5 of their friends randomly on a black school bus was absolutely hysterical. Hillary and I were laughing so hard we were crying. Needless to say, this was by far my favorite part of the day.

Sidenote: I really hope that my boss asks me tomorrow what I did this weekend. He already thinks I'm random as hell, and I think this will just be the icing on the cake.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: